You must work on your game year round, doing lessons, drills, and tournaments in the off season in order to play competitively. Call to schedule individual instruction times.
Mandatory Summer Tennis camp will be held June 4-8 from 9:30-11:30 for instruction with match play in the afternoon from 1:30-2:30. The cost in $80.00 per person, due by May 25 to Coach Gray in order to order shirts.
Mandatory practice starts August 6, 2012 before the start of school.
August 6-9, practice will be from 1:00-3:00 pm. For the remainder of the year after school practice will be from 3:30-5:00 Monday-Thursday until the end of the season in mid-October. If case of rain, call Coach for where to go for practice.
You must have a spring physical turned into the AD office before June 1. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please take free spring physicals.
Question call Coach Gray (479)223-1703.
Responsibilities of tennis athlete
1. Have all physicals and mandatory forms turned into the AD office or Coach Gray prior to the first practice of camp.
2. Attend team camp, practices, and matches on time and be picked up on time unless you have a prior approval from coach.
3. Safety is to be practiced at all times: no horseplay. Streching and hydration must be done at all practices and matches.
4. Have all equipment, clothing, water, etc. needed to play. Rely on yourself to be prepared for your matches.
5. Support teammates in practice and matches. Do not ask to leave early unless it is an emergency.
6. Maintain district academic and behavior standards and represent RHS in a positive manner.
7. Follow USTA rules of conduct and regulations for play unless AAA rules conflict.
8. Weather issues: Practice and matches are cancelled only by the coach. You must show for practice unless you have spoken to Coach or an announcement has been made at RHS over the intercom that practice is cancelled.
9. Please direct any team or individual issues that may impact the team to Coach Gray as soon as a problem arises. You may ask to meet with Coach and I will set a time as soon as possible to work on a solution that best serves the team and the athletes. You can reach me at the Russellville High School (479)968-3151 or 223-1703 cell.